Wednesday, May 29, 2013

2013 NorCal Regional Day 2

Saturday:

100s wod. I felt like I had a good plan going into this WOD, but was really nervous about the wall balls. Those are totally not my strength and at a 10 ft target made it even worse. Surprisingly those went ok, (not fast...but ok) only getting a handful of no reps, which I thought I'd get alot more. Then my plan going into the C2B pull ups was to do sets of 5 the whole time. I pretty much stuck to this, but it was so much more difficult with the high bar and having to step up onto the block for every set. My hands started to rip around 60 or so. I was told, I made up some time on the C2Bs but it didn't feel like it at all. Then on to the pistols, I dont remember every stopping, just kept a steady pace the whole time. Once I was done with the pistols, I only had time for 3 DB snatches then the time was up. I was bummed that I didn't get more reps than I did in practice and I'm not even sure where I could have gone faster.

I took my first ice bath after the 100s WOD. Some of the girls in my heat "made" me. I grit my teeth and whined the whole time, but all of us girls were doin it together. One aspect of the competition that really surprised me was how encouraging, fun and enthusiastic all the girls were. I met some really cool girls, and being able to laugh and chat with my competitors before and after each WOD, made the whole experience that much more enjoyable. I feel like i truly experienced the crossfit community and feel so honored to be a part of it.

The deadlift/box jump WOD was later that day and Nyra had me taken care of. She slipped on that red band and was such a great coach. She helped get my back, hamstrings and hips all stretched out for the workout and then i got my hands taped by the best Dr. at the RockTape tent. The best advice she gave me all weekend was for this workout, she said, "don't worry about the number of reps, just see how it feels." That's exactly what I did and I finished in 5:58, which is more than a minute faster than my previous time. When the judge showed me my score I couldn't believe it.

I feel like Saturday I finally got into the groove of competition and was actually feeling really good. My body felt good, I wasn't too crazy sore and most of all I was accomplishing my primary goal to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment