Tuesday, May 28, 2013

NorCal Regionals 2013 DAY 1


Friday: This was the day I was really NOT looking forward to.

Jackie:  I was so nervous for the first WOD, but I went out there and had alot of fun. The row felt great (actually short, which didn't think I'd ever say about rowing). Then I went through the thrusters breaking it up two times (I think). I knew I would have to make up for my row and thrusters on the pull ups, and I did 16 the first set then went as fast as I could to the end. I had so much fun with the first WOD and was really happy with my performance. I felt like I gave everything I could have given. 7:57

OHS & MUs: Well, I knew the OHS were not my strength, but I'm proud of myself for sticking to my plan and starting at 85# and just getting the work done. I felt really calm and collected out there and tried to just have a good time with it. It took alot for me to keep my emotions in check, and not let the fact that I started lower than everyone else, mess with my mind. All the lifts felt solid. I finished 3 reps at 115# in 7 mins. The MUs were also slow and steady. I chalked up after every two reps to make sure I got some rest. My goal was to not fail any reps, but toward the end I did ended up failing 1 or 2 reps. The lock out on the dips was the hard part. I ended up getting 14 MUs, which is the same amount I got in practice. I know I would have been able to get a few more, had the wind not been swinging around the rings like crazy. I think I can finally stop being nervous about MUs. :)

I was so happy to have one day under my belt. The nerves of the competion got alot better once day one was over. Although there is something about being nervous and putting pressure on myself, that makes me want to work harder, and push myself more.

No comments:

Post a Comment