Sunday, May 4, 2014

2014 regional team wods. trial run

Day 1:
Mu/ clean and jerks 95#

Hang sq snatch practice
8min sq snatch max 2 attempts 

Handstand walks

Day 2:
Thrusters/rope climbs 95#/15'
50/10,40/8,30/6

9-6-3
Strict hspu's
Hang cleans 110#
Bar facing burpees

Day 3:
125 du's/500m row
50 alt deadlift by 5's 185#
50 alt t2b by 5's

49 pull ups
7 OHS 115#

Wod 1: did the round of 15 without any fails. So glad I did that for my mental game. Now I know I can do the hardest round and not die or fail. Will prob end up doing the round of 9, which is AOK with me. Hoping to go unbroken on the clean and jerks if I do end up doing the round of 9. Just got hold on to the bar and keep moving! 

Wod 2: worked up to a hang snatch max. I think I got 120... I think. I may have only got 115. Def need to keep working on these, done feel 100% comfortable on my pull. Our team did the trial with 8 mins and I started at 110 and then failed my second attempt at 115. 

Wod 3: handstand walk. I did 36 ft for the actual run through. I went for 46 ft the next day. Hoping to get a consist 50 for the next few weeks. 

Wod 4: I liked this wod. I think this is how we did the thrusters: 10-8-10-8-8-6 (50)/7-7-10-8-8 (40)/6-8-8-8(30) we did singles on the rope climbs. We finished at 10:43... I think. I'm pretty sure we can finish this. Gotta work on thruster transitions and possibly changing up the rep scheme on the rope climbs. 

Wod 5: holy butt. I'm proud of myself that I actually made it though this workout. It took me about 10 mins but I did it! Failed once in the round of 9, 2x in round of 6 and 1x in round of 3. I loved everything else in the wod. I wish my favorite hang cleans weren't tainted with strict hspu. 
Gotta keep working on my technique on these. Tight core, pop out of the bottom... 

Wod 6- I was most excited about this wod. I was with Kyle and I started the row and went out fast. I kinda died on the double unders. I think Kyle should prob go first on the row. Deadlifts we started with 2 sets of 5s each then went to 5 each. I feel like we could rest a little less between sets. Moved on to t2b and holy t2b and holy grip. Did quick 5s. This was fun! 

Wod 7- this was fun too. I loved the pull ups. Haven't don't that many butterflies in a wod before and they felt great. I did 10 on pull ups and then quick 5 at 30. I did 5/2 on OHS, id love to be able to go unbroken by regionals.

Overall I thought this weekend was really fun, I'm hoping that the next couple weeks of programming will really focus on strict hspu, OHS and hang snatch! Planning to do at least 10 strict hspu a day till regionals.... Good plan????? 

No comments:

Post a Comment